Image Posted on Updated on
You can sponsor Robert on this link: http://www.totalgiving.co.uk/mypage/robertdonkers261#.U2pnFgouQ8o.facebook
Dogs are men’s best friends. Dogs have helped and continue to help humans in many different situations. Dogs are intelligent animals and fortunately this is very much recognised in the West.
Dogs work along-side us and have done so for centuries in the capacity of herders, hunters and protectors. Today dogs are also employed in a wide variety of professions, to name a few:
• Military dogs sniffing out explosives
• Police dogs working as crime investigators
• International dog drug squad identifying and finding illegal drugs
• Rescue dogs rescuing people dogs during natural disasters such as avalanches, tsunamis
• Guide dogs being the eyes for the blind
• Hearing dogs being the ears for the deaf
• Care workers working as personal assistants to disabled people helping them to get dressed, pulling their wheel chairs and picking articles when shopping in supermarkets for example
• Medical dogs smelling and recognising illness in humans such as cancer and diabetes before being diagnosed by doctors.
• Therapy dogs working as therapy dogs in hospitals and in care homes with the frail and vulnerable
• Acting dogs some of the most famous actors are dogs, think of Lassie, Beethoven,
In fact, dogs are always working for us, even when they are not instructed to do so they continue to work for us e.g. protecting us and/or our homes.
Why should we as humans want to hurt these loving and loyal animals, torture and eat them, believing that the more distress and pain we inflict on the dog the better it is for the quality of meat?
Help us raise money to stop this cruelty. The NoToDogMeat Foundation works to enforce change of legislation in countries where torturing, killing and eating dogs is practised.
Madeleine and Ronan (both Shih Tzus) and Hannah and Jake, (both Chihuahuas) will walk the West Highland Way, over 100 miles over 7 days to help raise funds.
When I watch programmes of the meat markets in Korea, China and Vietnam, to mention a few countries, my dogs respond in a frightened and angry manner. The distress calls, the howling and yelping in pain of dogs being tortured and brutally bludgeoned to death resonates with my dogs. This is very sad to witness in my dogs.
Please help us by donating generously to our cause.
ROBERT IS RAISING MONEY FORNOTODOGMEAT FOUNDATIONNoToDogMeat Foundation
NoToDogMeat campaigns on behalf of the UK registered charity World Protection for Dogs and Cats in the Meat Trade. Our mission is to end the illegal cruel trade that sees millions of dogs and cats skinned and boiled alive each year and served up as food. We help small shelters and activists overseas who rescue the dogs and cats and promote humane treatment through education.
Charity Registration No: 1154524